The Perfect Israeli Mezze Board
Instead of a cheese board make an Israeli board.
A cheese board is an easy way to impress family and guests for any gathering, but an Israeli board loaded with all our favorite dips and spreads is even more impressive. It also just so happens to be super healthy.
There is something for everyone on a board like this and it makes a gathering feel more intimate and fun. It's also a great way to dress up store-bought items, but of course you can make many of these dips if you so choose.
We didn’t include amounts here but watch the video and you will get the idea.
- Stuffed grape leaves
- Fresh Basil
- Fried eggplant
- Citrus slices
- Chili peppers
- Citrus, sliced
- Hard boiled eggs
- Red Onion
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Preserved lemon spread
- Red schug
- Green schug
- Raw tahini
- Make salad: Chop cucumber, tomatoes and red onion and mix with crumbled feta cheese. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Slice feta, top with capers and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle with zaatar.
- Mix labaneh with sun-dried tomatoes, parsley and zaatar.
- Lay out large wooden spoons on a serving platter. Fill spoons with your favorite dips, such as schug, amba, preserved lemon sauce, zaatar, and tahini.
- Fill the platter with your favorite hummus and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika, add chickpeas. Place salad, grape leaves, fried eggplant, hard-boiled egg slices, seasoned feta, labaneh, falafel, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and pickled peppers. Decorate with citrus slices, tomatoes, pita triangles, and almonds.