8 Ways to Jumpstart Change.
Great quotes to inspire personal transformation.
The tiniest effort towards changing opens new doorways to attaining our goals. As the medrash says, "Make for Me an opening the size of the needle point and in turn I will open up for you a door." (Midrash Song of Songs 5:2). In the Jewish month of Elul we are given a special jumpstart to change. Here are 8 points to help you begin today.
1. "To change your life, you have to change your priorities." Anonymous
What do you value the most in life? List the three most important areas and check that your schedule reflects those priorities. You will never change your life unless you change something that you do every day.
2. "Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself." Anonymous
Focus on becoming the person you want to be.
3. “You are not born a winner; you are not born a loser. You are born a chooser." Anonymous
We are all born with different strengths and weaknesses but each of us gets to choose how we are going to use what we are given. Every choice we make either helps us attain gratitude and joy, or complaining and negativity.
4. “Don't make change too complicated. Just begin." Rabbi Noah Weinberg, obm
Don’t get caught up in the planning stage of goal setting, and get discouraged before you even begin. Just take the first step. Beginning is the hardest part.
5. “It always seems impossible until it is done." Nelson Mandela
Our goals look out of our reach until we tackle them. Every great idea is impossible until someone actually goes through with it. Redefine what is possible.
6. “Life has no remote. Get up and change it yourself." Anonymous.
Be proactive. When you don't like something, find a way to improve it. Take responsibility for changing yourself.
7. “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them." Michael Jordon
We don’t exceed the limits of our own beliefs about ourselves. If you want an extraordinary life, believe in your unique gifts.
8. “I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. It is now time to change the things I cannot accept." Angela Davis.
You don't need to accept anything in your life that you don't like. God can change anything at any time. He makes the impossible possible and the darkness into light. Never give up on anything or anyone.