aish.com > Holidays > Passover > Family
Make an Afikoman Bag
Why not surprise your father or grandfather and give them this beautiful hand made Afikoman holder that you made!!!
- A piece of material 45 cms by 45 cms (18inch3s by 18 inches)
- Felt pen
- needle and thread
- fabric paints or felt pens
- old shoelace or piece of string
- Mark out the shape you will need with a magic marker or colored chalk onto the material.
- Cut the material on the line.
- Fold over the top edge and sew leaving room at either end to thread in the piece of string or old shoelace.
- Fold material in half and pin it in the shape of a bag, inside out.
- Sew the seam all away round the side and bottom.
- Attach your shoelace or string to a safety pin and guide through the top small seam.
- Now you have your bag and it’s time for decorating.
- Decide how you want to decorate. We suggest you write the word Afikoman in the middle. (See stencil letters for you to cut out and draw onto the material). Decorate how you want with symbols of Pesach e.g. matza, pyramids, cups of wine, or whatever pattern you like.
What a great present. Maybe you’ll be the one to hide the Afikoman this year!
Like What You Read? Give Jews around the world the chance to experience engaging Jewish wisdom with more articles and videos on Aish. It would make your mother so proud and as a nonprofit organization it's your support that keeps us going. Thanks a ton!