Baked By Israeli Salad Recipe.
The Baked by Melissa viral salad made Jewish!
Instead of cabbage, I’ve based this version on an Israeli Salad with a tahini dressing, loaded with cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, pickles, parsley, mint, za’atar and a lemon-tahini dressing that is packed with flavor. Scoop it up with pita or add it to your falafel wrap for an insanely delicious (and veggie packed) salad!
- 2 English cucumber, finely diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 large pickles, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Juice of 2 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoons za’atar
- 3 tablespoons water
- Pita chips, to serve
- Combine all vegetables in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, add garlic, tahini, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, zest, za’atar and water. Mix to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over the vegetables, eat with pita chips!
Did you know that eating is a metaphor for anything that we choose to take into ourselves from the outside world? This includes food, medicine and even ideas. Choose wisely! Get more Jewish food thoughts here.
View this post on Instagram