aish.com > Holidays > Passover > Family > Arts & Crafts
Passover Cushion for Leaning.
Why not make yourself or a family member a great cushion cover for leaning on at the Seder!
- An old white/ cream/ light blue/ yellow or plain color pillow clover.
- Sponges to cut in all different shapes or potatoes cut in half with cut out shapes sticking out (see picture)
- Goache or acrylic paint
- Newspaper to cover the table
- Choose the Hebrew or English words you want to write in the middle of the cushion.
Click words to get cut out for stencils. Suggestions of words for center:
- Pesach (English)
- Pesach (Hebrew)
- Festival of Freedom (English)
- Festival of Freedom (Hebrew)
- Choose different shapes you might want to do for the border or choose one to do in different colors all the way round the edges.
- Cut out sponge in shape of pattern you want to do. Possible ideas: pyramid, stick men coming out of Egypt, matzah, wine or any design you like.
- Pour color paints into plastic plates and dip sponge or potato printing shape into paint and print on your pillow.
- When dry, stuff with a pillow.
- You now are the proud owner of a beautiful personalized leaning cushion for Seder night. Lean back as a free person.