Questions Each Day.
Questions that can have a profound impact on your life.
Each and every one of us has been given tremendous potential for greatness by our Creator. How do transform that potential into reality?
One thing is for sure: we can't do it unless we spend some time each day thinking about who we really are and what we are doing with our life. The start and end of each day are the two times most conducive to this kind of introspective thinking.
The best tool for this is questions. Questions are powerful. Questions get us to focus. That is why wise people ask themselves questions early in the day. With the right questions we make a statement of our positive intentions for that day. And at the end of the day there is an ancient tradition of taking stock of what we have done that day and what we can do to improve.
Regularly asking yourself the following questions at the start and end of each day will have a major impact on your entire life. Think about your answers to these questions for at least 30 days. Take note of the benefits. You will be on the path of reaching your highest aspirations.
QUESTIONS TO START THE DAY
1. What are my goals for today?
2. What are the 5 most important things for me to do today? What is their order
3. What new knowledge can I gain today?
4. What acts of kindness can I do today?
5. What one trait would I like to excel in today?
6. What challenges might I face today? What is the best way to handle them?
7. If today were the last day of my life, what would I make certain to do?
8. What would I like written on my tombstone? What can I do today in that area?
9. What is important for me to remember today?
10. What thoughts, words, and actions will make today a great day?
QUESTIONS TO END THE DAY
1. What was my greatest moment today?
2. What am I grateful for about today?
3. What have I done to further my major goals?
4. What new knowledge did I gain today? (Or reviewed)
5. What acts of kindness did I do today?
6. What positive traits did I express today?
7. What have I done today for self-improvement?
8. If I could live today over again, what would I have done better? Visualize the
better way vividly for the future.
9. What positive self-suggestions can I tell myself as I am falling asleep?
(ex.: "I will choose great thoughts, words, & actions.")
(c) 1986 Zelig Pliskin
(Permission is given to reprint as long as this copyright notice is included.)
Based on Rabbi Pliskin's book, "Gateway to Self-knowledge"