aish.com > Jewlarious > Jokes
How to Be a Macher on Any Jews Board
- Never arrive on time, or you will be stamped a beginner.
- Don't say anything until the meeting is half over; this stamps you as being wise.
- Be as vague as possible; this prevents irritating the others.
- When in doubt, suggest that a subcommittee be appointed.
- Be the first to move for adjournment; this will make you popular – it's what everyone is waiting for.
Like What You Read? Give Jews around the world the chance to experience engaging Jewish wisdom with more articles and videos on Aish. It would make your mother so proud and as a nonprofit organization it's your support that keeps us going. Thanks a ton!