23 Things I’ve Learned in 23 Years of Marriage.
For starters, my wife is awesome.
1. My wife, Liat, is awesome.
2. Common goals are the key to a successful relationship. Not common interests.
3. It’s not good to be alone.
4. Men are from earth, women are from earth. Deal with it.
5. Relationships require constant work and effort.
6. Keep making "love lists". Identify positive virtues of your partner and appreciate those attributes in your spouse.
7. What’s important to you is important to me.
8. Don't make a fuss for your spouse’s birthday just because you'd like that.
10. Don't force Liat to like sports.
11. "I’m sorry."
13. No jealousy.
14. We are two parts of same soul.
15. Learn to juggle different methods of connecting- intellectual, emotional, physical.
16. Talk. Handwrite. Skype. Phone. (Each is a different communication skill that enhances the relationship.)
17. Don't whatsapp.
18. Not everyone likes flowers.
19. Everyone likes chocolate.
20. Make time.
21. Did I say make time?
22. No competition. We are partners, two halves of the same whole.
23. My grandfather shared with me the following advice. He said, "When your grandmother and I got married we agreed that she would make all the small decisions and I would make all the big decisions. Moshe dear, we've been married for over 60 years and there hasn't been a BIG decision yet!"
Happy Anniversary Liat Mayerfeld.
Looking forward to the list of 120 things!
PS: Try writing your own list and share with your spouse.